Friday, November 12, 2010

Vertebrate Biology - Birds

So today in our Vertebrate Biology class, we got to dissect some ducks! I was able to grab the best duck (a beautiful adult male wood duck). I couldn't help but pluck a few of his nicer feathers to add to my collection that I've started. Too bad a lot of them were covered in blood already.



Here he is! With his neck all broken...


Look at those colours!


Here's a better picture of his head.


The aftermath. (SORRY FOR THE GORE)

It's a pity he couldn't have been mounted or anything :( Ah well. Thanks to him, I understand the anatomy of birds and ducks. Thank you wood duck!


2 comments:

  1. That's the most graphic thing I have ever seen! Pretty though too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I should have figured out a way to hide that last pic and had only people who were OK with gore click on it.

    Haha can you imagine the smell of the room?

    ReplyDelete