Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Limnological Day

Today I had some mandatory field trip for my Limnology I Class (Limnology means the study of freshwater ecosystems). So I woke up at 6 am to catch the bus at 7:30 am. We arrived at Shelter Valley Creek around 9 am and we were there until about 4:30 where we finally arrived home at 5:45. We basically spent the whole day electrofishing, surveying the creek, doing water chemistry, catching aquatic invertebrates and... making art with reeds! The latter was more or less a product of my friend and I being extremely bored with completing repetitive water chemistry procedures. What a day!


Dead baby Pumpkin Seeds :(


Baby Mottled Sculpin!


Beautiful young Rainbow Trout


Look at all the Trout!


Identifying the Rainbow Trout


Northern Brook Lamprey!


So creepy!


He was very slimy and snaky


Squirmy Wormy!


Reed Art! It's a fishing rod with a fish on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment